Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Victoria Jackson has gay friends; Finds gay affection "Sickening"

Former SNL star, anti-Obama birther, and pro-uke player recently wrote an anti-Islam/anti-gay column for World Net Daily:
This new al-Qaida magazine for women has beauty tips and suicide-bomber tips! Gimme a break! That is as ridiculous as two men kissing on the mouth! And I don't care what is politically correct. Everyone knows that two men on a wedding cake is a comedy skit, not an 'alternate lifestyle'! There I said it! Ridiculous! Did you see 'Glee' this week? Sickening! And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians – again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of "Glee" – what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?
More recently, she appeared on CNN's Showbiz to discuss criticism of her column, stating:
I just wanna know why the liberals are pro-Muslim and pro-gay. Muslims kill gays. That's what's confusing to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Muslims hate God and the gays hate His word.
She went on to state that she has "gay friends".  I can't help wondering what her friends think of her recent comments.  According to Jackson, her gay friends are "sickening".  They "hate (God's) Word".  Their relationships are a real life "comedy skit".  Is this how friends speak of their friends, even indirectly?

Of course, Christians also kill gay people sometimes.  Such criminal behavior is not just limited to Muslims  Then again, Jackson's not talking about conservatives being pro-gay, so maybe that comparison doesn't mean much to her.

1 comment:

gallo_vanting said...

Although I don't agree with many of the comments Ms. Jackson has made within the last couple of years, I try to respect the beliefs of others. I understand that many will never see the world the way I do, but I have a hard time taking her seriously because I don't hear the sincerity in her words. Again, another poor soul will go down in history as being an ignorant bigot hiding behind the words of the Bible. I would respect her more if I didn't have a base suspicion that she is just a sad lost comic who is reaching out and using these platforms to catapult herself back into the world of the media. I feel sorry for Ms. Jackson. She believes my lifestyle will lead me into a burning after-life, but I too believe that her promotion of hate will land her in the exact same place.