I'm a huge fan of Bravo television's reality TV programs. Originally, my fascination was primarily limited to contests like Project Runway and Top Chef, but also bled into personality-themed shows like Flipping Out and Millionaire Matchmaker. Eventually, I succumbed to the collective charm of the various Real Housewives shows. These days, I pretty much watch nothing but Bravo when at the gym.
Anyway, I have totally become obsessed this week with the new "Summer by Bravo" commercial, which features various Bravo reality enjoying themselves at summer camp. It smooshes two of my favorite things: Bravo TV and summer camp. Hence my fascination. Check it out:
After watching this commercial over and over and over, I realized that it might end up being a fun time to spend a week at summer camp with my favorite Bravo reality TV stars. I began thinking about whom I would like to spend time with and who I would bar from the campgrounds. I eventually came up for rules for those I could invite and those I couldn't and then I thought it would be fun to share those folks here on the blog followed by an invitation for readers to share their fantasy "Summer by Bravo" camp favorites. So here the deal
WHICH TEN BRAVO REALITY TV CELEBRITIES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE THE WEEK AT SUMMER CAMP?
Here are the rules.
1. You must choose at least one Housewife (current or former).
2. You must choose at least one contestant. It doesn't matter if that contestant is a chef or a hair stylist or a model or whatever.
3. You must choose at least one personality and/or career-themed character (Millionaire Matchmaker, Bethenny Ever After..., Flipping Out, Million Dollar Listing, etc.). This person doesn't have to be the main personality on that show -- it could be an assistant or partner or spouse or whatever.
4. Real celebrities from TV or movies cannot come to "Summer by Bravo" summer camp. It doesn't matter if Drew Barrymore was interviewed on Inside the Actors Studio or if Tina Fey had a great time on What What Happens Live! They aren't eligible for this list. The only exceptions are actual celebrities who have been regulars on one of Bravo's shows (ex, Kathy Griffin from My Life on the D-List or Jaclyn Smith from Shear Genius or Kelsey Grammer from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
5. These must be Bravo Reality TV stars. You will be sent home from summer camp early if you try sneaking in a Dugger or a Pit Boss. Resist that rebellious urge.
6. Lastly, you are allowed an 11th four-legged Bravo Reality TV celebrity, if you wish.
Here are my choices:
1. Andy Cohen (host of Watch What Happens Live). He's the consummate host. He knows everyone and he can schmooze with the best of them. Plus, he's hilarious and always has some game or gimmick in the works.
2. Tabatha Coffey (host of Tabatha's Salon Takeover and former contestant on Shear Genius). I love Tabatha. LOVE HER. I watch her show over and over and over and every time I find myself watching her show, I want to take up hair styling. Fortunately, that doesn't happen. There is absolutely no way I would kick her out of my cabin.
3. Carla Hall (contestant on seasons 5 and 8 of Top Chef). She is my all-time favorite Top Chef contestant. She is sweet and funny. She lives by the motto: "cooking with love". We could use that in our cabin.
4. Kandi Burruss (Real Housewives of Atlanta). Kandi has to be one of my all-time favorite of the Housewives. She's personable, professional, and a great singer. Plus, she makes great facial reactions to all the craziness going on around her.
5. NeNe Leakes (Real Housewives of Atlanta). Every summer camp needs drama. The various Real Housewives programs breed drama so there are lots of women to choose from. However, I don't know if I would enjoy living with the various pot-stirrers. I could see myself hanging with NeNe and enjoying myself... as long as I stayed on her good side. Plus, NeNe is the reason I love the Atlanta version of Real Housewives.
6. Jeana Keough (Real Housewives of Orange County and Thintervention). I mentioned the need for summer camp drama and -- though I love NeNe and really think she can bring it -- I really think that Jeana is one of the best for packing drama. I actually like Jeana a lot and wish that she was still a regular on the O.C. version of Real Housewives. She makes biting comments, but is usually spot-on with her observations.
7. Jeff Lewis (Flipping Out). I could find myself regretting his inclusion, but Jeff makes me laugh with all of his OCD traits. Plus he might be able to give me some tips on how to upgrade my house.
8. Jenni Pulos (Flipping Out). I want Jenni there for two main reasons: to find out how she manages to continue working for Jeff after all these years and to help manage Jeff's craziness if the need arises. Beyond that, she is funny and and entertaining.
9. Todd Oldham (Host of Top Design). I find Todd utterly adorable.
10. Gail Simmons (Judge from Top Chef and Host of Top Chef: Just Desserts). I enjoy watching Gail on the two Top Chef programs and would like to spend time getting to know her.
11. Darla (Bonus 4-legged Bravo star from Million Dollar Listing). I really couldn't stand her owner, Chad Rogers, but Darla was adorable. She's welcome to stay at my camp cabin anytime.
So what about you? You can go co-ed or unisex. You can aim for peace or major chaotic drama. Who are your Top 10 Bravo Reality TV Celebs?