Sunday, July 1, 2012

Debby Boone's Husband Officiates at Gay Weddings

Singer and actress Debby Boone and her husband Gabriel Ferrer have an open secret (or maybe had a secret is the more appropriate word) from her father, 78-year-old conservative singer Pat Boone -- they both support marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples. Not only that, Gabriel officates at the weddings of gay and lesbian couples, according to National Enquirer reports:


I knew that Debby Boone is a Christian. I assume her husband is. I did a couple quick searches, but couldn't figure out which denomination, if any, they belong to.

Two things impress me here: 1. I'm heartened to hear that this woman of faith supports marriage rights and rites for gay and lesbian couples. 2. I'm super-psyched to learn that Ferrer teamed with my favorite judicial diva, Judge Judy, for one of his high profile gay weddings!

1 comment:

Don Charles said...

Jon,

Anybody who's a real Christian, one who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ, is going to be OK with secular same-gender marriage. There may be some question about marriages inside the church, but not in the greater society. It's just plain orneriness, to want to impose the laws of Leviticus on people who don't even have the same beliefs as you do.