Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nero and Ms. Lion: Before --> After

Earlier this year, the groomer that I've gone to since my dear sweet Moogie was a baby retired from the biz.  Since then, I've struggled to find a new groomer for Ms. Lion and Nero.  Part of the problem is that Ms. Lion isn't very easy to groom.  She can be quite nasty when she's in a bad mood.  The other part of the problem is that I'm used to calling up my groomer and getting appointments scheduled within a week or two.  Now, I'm lucky if I can get anything scheduled within a month of my call.  It's quite a difference and my dogs are suffering.  Especially in this heat. 

Like everywhere else, the heat has been terrible this week and last.  It's difficult enough to cope with the extreme temperature when you can slip on a pair of shorts.  I can't imagine what it feels like to sit around in 100+ degree temperatures with thick woolly dark fur.  Both dogs have been miserable. 

Fortunately, they both got into the new groomer today.  I'm still not sure about this new groomer.  They shaved Ms. Lion's face and I'm still trying to decide if I like her like this.  But the dogs are certainly more comfortable now that they've both had most of their fur cut off.  Check it out:

Nero Before

Nero After
Ms. Lion Before
Ms. Lion After

No comments: