Thursday, August 18, 2011

President Obama Winning FAMiLY LEADER's "Quarter Poll"

This is pretty sad.  369 supporters of President Barack Obama have donated $92.25 to the anti-gay family group, The FAMiLY LEADER, this week at the Iowa State Fair:
According to an email message sent today by Matt Reisetter, director of development (of The FAMiLY LEADER), Obama has received 369 quarters thus far. Next in line is U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann with 201 quarters, followed by U.S. Rep. Ron Paul with 184 and Texas Gov. Rick Perry with 106 quarters.

Reisetter writes, “Supporters of President Obama in our ‘Quarter poll’ have given generously to The Family Leader’s work to promote conservative, constitutional, pro-family values over the past 4 days! That’s right … Obama supporters contributing money to The Family Leader!”
I was at the Iowa State Fair on Tuesday.  I saw many booths related to conservative anti-gay/anti-family organizations.  Fortunately, I didn't see The FAMiLY LEADER's fair booth or I would have given them a piece of my mind.

One thing I wouldn't have done, though, is donate any of my hard earned money to The FAMiLY LEADER or it's never-ending mission to destroy my family and others like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder if this was a ploy to discredit the President's supporters? In other words, tea-partiers who voted, pretending to be Obama supporters, so they could say "See?? Even Obama supporters don't support gay rights!". I could be wrong...but I sure hope not.

Jon said...

Yup. I'm pretty sure that's what they were trying to communicate with their statement about Obama supporters.

Thanks for commenting, Anonymous!