Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Mighty Stand Revealed

Last month, I shared an silhouetted image of seven Marvel super-heroes who will rise up to save the planet from the evil Serpent and his seven hammer-wielding "Worthy" champions:
There were seven superhumans "Worthy" enough to serve the evil Serpent over in Marvel Comics (Absorbing Man, Attuma, Grey Gargoyle, Hulk, Juggernaut, Sin, Thing, and Titania). Marvel recently revealed seven "Mighty" heroes who might just be tough enough to oppose the Serpent and his Worthy allies. The Mighty are all blacked out, but that doesn't stop me from speculating about their identities. Some are easy choices, others aren't. Here are my initial guesses (from left to right): Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Wolverine, She-Hulk (not sure which one, though I'm hoping for Red She-Hulk and planning for the future She-Hulk), Mockingbird, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man. It's still unclear if these folks have been mystically or technologically charged by anyone or whom that might be. I could be wrong with some of my guesses, but it's notable that neither Thor nor Captain America are mighty enough for this group of Mighty Men (and women).
Marvel Comics finally revealed the identities of The Mighty and I just wanted to congratulate myself on picking six out of seven.  The Mighty are Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Wolverine, Red She-Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man.  It's a pretty cool team, though I'm not sure if I would have chosen Black Widow.

No comments: