Monday, November 28, 2011

Another Dallas A-Lister Was Physically Assaulted

Levi Crocker Head Wound (source)
Over the past month and a half, A-List: Dallas personality Taylor Garrett has been the apparent victim of two separate acts of vandalism.  He was reportedly physically assaulted after interrupting the second incident.  He blamed both incidents one anti-conservative gays.  I'm not disputing that his friendship with Ann Coulter played a part, but I'm guessing that Coulter has many other gay men who hang with her who've never been criminally attacked because of that association.  More likely, he's been a target because of his involvement with The A-List: Dallas reality show and his politics are just a way of focusing that attack.

I bring this situation up again because another A-List: Dallas personality, Levi Crocker, was physically assaulted an an Oklahoma City gay bar this past weekend.  According to a series of tweets, Crocker wrote:
I got jumped in the middle of a bar in OKC, 4 guys, one busted a barstool onu head...I'm fine, I finished the fight. I'll never forget that feeling tho. They weren't straight guys bullying me,they were gays...It's sad when str8 people are mean to someone gay. But for someone (or 4 ppl) from the gay community to attack me because of a show is??????
I actually haven't watched any episodes of The A-List: Dallas, though I've seen both seasons of the New York version of the program and I've read most of the show recaps.  The show, like many other reality television shows, seems to bring out the worst in people (either intentionally or through nasty editing).  Remember when Big Brother contestant Shelly Moore betrayed her alliance this summer?  Her family began receiving death threats?  Too many viewers get caught up in the drama of these shows and take it out on these people (and sometimes those close to them).  Most of us understand that this is manufactured drama and love to complain about this drunken fight or that double-cross.  Unfortunately, there's always someone who takes it all too seriously and ends up cussing out a reality TV game show contestant or harassing a reality TV show personality.

Anyway, I haven't heard whether or not Crocker filed a report with the police or not.  Hopefully he did and hopefully someone knows the four people who assaulted him.

No comments: