Monday, November 21, 2011

WTH? Bachmann Pours Drinks for Other GOP Candidates at Presidential Forum

I've written about it, but not really about it and I doubt I'll write much about The FAMiLY LEADER's Thanksgiving Family Forum that took place over in Des Moines over the weekend.  While the various GOP presidential candidates talked smack about my marriage and others like it, I was actually spending time with my husband and parenting our kids and tending to our household. 

Frankly, these guys have been campaigning about us for so long there's really not much new that comes out of their mouths.  Joe My God offered a pretty conclusion recap of the entire event:
God, hate gays, babies, war, nukes, praise, glory, Jesus, war, God, hate gays, religious oppression, hate gays, hate gays. Jesus!
One of the more interesting aspects to the forum had to be immediately before the forum when presidential candidate Michele Bachmann took a moment to pour drinks for all of her rival candidates:
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) joined her rival GOP presidential candidates in Iowa for a forum on social issues over the weekend, taking a moment before the program began to pour water for the men on stage.

"I want to begin by thanking Representative Bachmann for taking care of the water for today's event," pollster Frank Luntz, the event's moderator, said as the congresswoman went around filling up glasses.

"I'm used to it, Frank," Bachmann responded. "I've poured a lot of water in my time."
I guess it was nice of her, but it was an odd gesture for a guest at the event.  I noticed that none of the men performed any similar acts of servitude.  I guess the whole incident just reeked of sexism.

No comments: