Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Poll #3 Results: Who Should Join X-Force Next? You Voted for Daken (AKA Dark Wolverine)!

Last month, I started a poll asking you to guess the identity of the newest member of the Uncanny X-Force team.  The team currently consists of Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool, Fantomex, and Deathlok Prime.  A few months ago, we learned that Nightcrawler from the "Age of Apocalypse" universe will be joining the team with issue #19.  However, I also learned that X-Force will be gaining one super-secret additional member and I wanted to know what you all thought. 

I offered four different options to vote for: Jean Grey (from the Age of Apocalypse), Iceman (from the Age of Apocalypse), Magneto, and Daken (AKA Dark Wolverine).  Here are how the votes emerged:

Daken: 5 votes (45%)
Jean Grey: 3 votes (27%)
Iceman: 3 votes (27%)
Magneto: 0 votes (0%)

As you can see, Wolverine's son Daken won the contest!

Unfortunately, X-Force #18 just came out and it looks like none of the options that I originally presented will join the team.  Jean Grey went back to her home dimension, Iceman is hanging out with a bunch of baddies, Magneto's still chilling with the X-Men, and Daken really just a pipe dream of mine.

If I were to hazard a guess now, I'd guess that X-Force's newest member will be either Genesis (AKA Kid Apocalypse) or Angel.  But it's too late to add either character to the poll.

Thanks to everyone who participated.  I look forward to hosting another poll soon!

No comments: