Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Would You Do?: Gay Proposals

I just saw this clip from ABC's "What Would You Do?", which wanted to see what would happen when a man proposed to his boyfriend and another customer reacted negatively. Unlike the last time I blogged about this program, this clip is only the set-up. However, the general plot has one man proposing to another man while the customer sitting next to him interrupts and tells them that their relationship is a sham. In this particular case, one customer adamantly defended the couple and a second customer broke into tears following the one man's negative reaction to the proposal. Check out clip here:


Personally, I'd never propose to anyone, male or female, in that type of cramped diner setting. It's not terribly romantic (unless, I guess, you two originally dated there) and I wouldn't want to put myself in the position of potential negative reactions from other customers. Then again, I hate sitting in those mini-booth seats where strangers to stacked up next to me.

But I'm wondering "What Would I Do?" if I was confronted by someone while proposing to Mark. Frankly, I would tell the guy to mind his business and, if necessary, ask to be seated elsewhere. The one thing that bugs me about these shows is how passive the people are when verbally attacked by others. I understand that the show's producers are trying to see how other people would react when witnessing outbursts, but it's maddening to watch people sit there and allow themselves to be bullied by others who have no business inserting themselves in their lives.

So, what would you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would go crazy on the antagonizer.