Monday, January 9, 2012

What's Up with Tim Tebow?

I was catching up on Twitter earlier today and came across one that led me to a blog post with the image immediately to the left of this paragraph.

I've written about Tim Tebow a couple different times.  I understand that he professes a strong faith and that he has his fair share of Christian fans.  But I've never understood why people think that God puts so much time, attention, and preference into different sports teams.  Is God blessing the Broncos because Tebow prays?

Maybe God is indeed trying to tell us something, but what?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

Flartus said...

I surely hope God is smiling on Tim, but not because he plays football well. More because he's (hopefully) a good person, and can serve as a highly visible role model.

I'm more of the "God set this top spinning and now it's up to us to make our choices" school of pseudo-theology. While I believe God is omnipresent, I don't believe he often takes an active hand in an individual life, except for extraordinary circumstances.

On the other hand, I firmly believe in the power of prayer, so maybe the faithful among the Broncos fans are drawing His attention... ;)