Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is Marvel Plotting Its Own Comic Book Gay Wedding?

Perhaps you remember the blog article a couple times back highlighting my Top Trio Comic Book Gay Weddings and lamenting that I couldn't come up with a "Favorite Five" collection of comic book gay weddings due to the lack of comic book gay weddings. Now it's looking like I might get my chance for a "Favorite Four" collection of comic book gay weddings after reading Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9! Check this out:
Hulkling: I know now that life is way too short for you to be sitting here wasting yours. And mine.

Wiccan: Are you breaking up with me?

Hulkling: And give you yet another reason to sit in the dark doing nothing? Sorry, Kaplan. You're stuck with with. Till death do us part.

Wiccan: Teddy Altman... Did you just propose to me?

Hulkling: Depends. Are you gonna get off your ass and do something?
And he does. Check out that kiss.

"One Million Moms" had a fit when Kevin Keller married Clay Walker over in Archie Comics' Life With Archie #16. It was such a big fit that the comic book sold out of print and now that particular comic is selling on eBay for $50 per issue! Who knows what could happen if the Moms fixated on Marvel's Wiccan and Hulkling?

No comments: