Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fox News Analyst Gay-Baits Sandra Fluke's Engagement // Update Below!!!

Earlier today, it was announced that Sandra Fluke is engaged to be married. Fox News Political and Foreign Affairs Analyst, Monica Crowley, thought it would be funny to tweet: "To a man? "Sandra Fluke Announces Engagement"". Lots of folks thought it was a stupid gay-baiting joke, which prompted a few half-hearted efforts to blame others for not getting her gay-baiting humor: "I love exposing the Left's total lack of a sense of humor." and "@humanadverb "Insinuating" nothing. Straightforward question. No answer yet."

That last one in particular made me chuckle as I observed, "@MonicaCrowley @humanadverb A simple google search shows that Fluke is engaged to Adam Mutterperl. http://bit.ly/Kcm8vD Ho hum joke, Monica."

Just because someone testifies that access to birth control should be available through private insurance does not mean that they are lesbians. And even if one is a lesbian, she's not a joke.

Updated on 04/27/12: Monica Crowley updated her Twitter feed this morning to say: "Regret my tweeted question caused a stir. I certainly & unequivocally apologize to Sandra & anyone else I offended. Not my intention." I appreciate when people recognize that they misspoke and own up to it. Thanks Monica!

1 comment:

Katy Anders said...

Well, I guess it IS always a great joke to imply that maybe everyone one doesn't politically agree with is gay...

I mean, that one really NEVER gets old, Monica...