Trek Fest XXIX will be held at the end of this month: June 28 and 29, 2013. It's theme? "I Mudd." The t-shirt design is posted on this post and I really like it! I have plans to take Husband Mark to the Trek Fest Museum tomorrow afternoon for Father's Day and am hoping that they have shirts with that design available for sale.
Here is a schedule of some of the highlights from this year's Trek Fest:
** I almost never make it to the Saturday events, though I usually have good intentions. We just get distracted by family and life events. But I have thoroughly enjoyed the Friday night demolition derbies and Star Trek trivia contests in past years. The boys keep trying their hardest to get me to compete in the trivia contests, but I always chicken out. Who knows? Maybe this year I'll actually enter the competition!!!
6:30 PM -- Kids Parade with the theme "I Mudd"! Line-Up on River Street and finish at Hall Park.
7:00 PM -- Pet Show with the theme "I Mudd"! Located at Hall Park. Prizes will be awarded for the following themes:
1. Warp 7 Recall Races - pet with the fastest recall to its owner wins!
2. Escape from the Andromeda Galaxy - run your pet through a short obstacle course. Fastest pet wins!
3. Famous person look-a-like - who does your pet look like. Most original and best look-a-like wins!
4. Dress for success - costume contest. A class to judge the pet and or handler on their entertaining attire. (Please note that any costume which restricts the animal's normal range of motion, causes discomfort, or creates a hazard and will not be allowed.)
5. Tricky, tricky pet - It doesn't even have to be outrageous. Show off your pet's talent-at anything.
6. Little things matter - smallest pet wins!
7. Really huge award - size does matter -biggest pet wins this category.
8. Crowd favorite - the most popular pet wins this prize!
7:00 PM -- Star Trek Trivia!! at the Railroad Park Pavilion **
7:30 PM -- Demolition Derby!! Located at the Southeast Corner of Hall Park. $10 admission for adults and free to children ages 12 and under! **
9:00 PM -- Dusk Sky-Watching with the Cedar Amateur Astronomers, Inc. at the Riverside Elementary School.
Saturday, June 29, 2013
8:00 AM -- Volleyball Tournament. This is a team event and pre-registration/payment of entry fee is required.
10:00 AM -- Parade with the theme "I Mudd"!
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM -- "Show and Shine" judging event at Railroad Park.12:00 - 5:00 PM -- Free showings of episodes of Star Trek and Invasion Iowa in the Red Barn at Hall Park.
12:00 PM -- Federation Games location near the tennis courts on Hall Park. These games are for children 12 and under. Medals will be awarded for children participating in the following competitions: Edosian Race (three-legged race); Tribble Wack; Star Trek Piñatas; Horta Egg toss; and Pin the Lobes on the "Ferengi"!
12:15 PM -- Costume Contest at the Main Stage at Hall Park. Cash prizes for both adults and children will be awarded under three separate categories:
2. "Supporting Cast;" and...
3. "Miscellaneous Sci-Fi"!
1:30 PM -- Lone Tree Garden Tractor PULLERS located at Red Barn at Hall Park.
2:30 PM -- The Bill Riley State Fair Talent Show located at the Main Stage at Hall Park.
3:00 PM -- Golf Cart Rodeo located at the Main Stage at Hall Park.
10:00 PM -- Fireworks located at Hall Park.
Scattered throughout the schedule are a variety of great music groups.
Updated on 06/28/13: Bump!
Don't forget about this weekend's Trek Fest XXIX celebration!