Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Archie Comics to Publish RIVERDALE One-Shot Comic Book Based on New CW Television Series

I really haven't written too much about the upcoming "Riverdale" television series that's scheduled to debut in early 2017 on CW. I know that some people are leery about the show, but I'm pretty excited about it!

I learned today that Archie Comics will be publishing a RIVERDALE one-shot comic book. The comic book will be written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa "and key members of the show's writers room" and will feature art by Alitha Martinez. RIVERDALE will provide background to the "Riverdale" television series.

We don't have a release date yet for the RIVERDALE one-shot, but expect that it will come out in early 2017. Depending on how well it sells, we could see an ongoing RIVERDALE comic book series.

3 comments:

Erin Begley said...

I can't wait for this. I wonder if there will a comic for every episode. And who be the artist? I hope it's Thomas Pitilli. He's great.
BettyReggie

Jon said...

I would hope that there's going to be a consistent artist -- but I also hope that the creative teams keep this title publishing on a regular schedule!

Erin Begley said...

I agree that Betty & Veronica comic has been so delayed. I will still wait for the next one but if every issue is late. People are going lose interest & never buy it when it does finally come out.
BettyReggie